Compiled from articles originally published by Charles Knight / SDUK
[the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge "Penny magazine" 1833-1848]
A 135 page book, supplied as a PDF document on CD-ROM.
Bow, Brentford, Bromley, Edgware, Edmonton, Enfield, Fulham, Hackney, Hammersmith, Hampstead, Hampton, Harrow on the Hill, Highgate, Hornsey, Hounslow, Isleworth, Islington, Kensington, LONDON (see below), St. Marylebone, St. Pancras, Staines, Stepney & Limehouse, Tottenham, Twickenham, Uxbridge, and Westminster.
The London article is in ten parts, titled:
1. Boundaries, Divisions, Area, Houses, Population, Soil & Climate.
3. Wards, The Corporation.
4. The Guilds.
5. Production & Consumption.
6. Police & Prisons.
7. Lighting, Sewers, Fires.
8. Revenues, Pauperism, Savings Banks.
9. Charities, Hospitals, Amusement & Recreation.
10. Trade, Post, Steam Vessel