Foleshill in 1843
Foleshill is in the county of the city of Coventry, about 2 miles north-east of Coventry. The area of the parish is 2,810 acres: the population, in 1831, was 6,969 ; a very small part agricultural. This parish is one of the principal seats of the ribbon-manufacture, which employed, in 1831, more than 900 men, beside women and children : about 30 men were at the same period employed in collieries. There are, beside the parish church, places of worship for Independents, Baptists, and Wesleyan Methodists.